First I want to start out by saying making money online is really hard.
Like really, really hard.
And to be honest with you I’m still figuring all this make money online shit out.
But if you’re committed you can do it. And I know eventually, things will work out. I made this list after reading a ton about the subject and thought I should share it with you. I hope you enjoy it.
Because years before the internet, you had no choice but to work a 9-5 or find creative ways to make money offline.
But you don’t have to do that anymore. Why?
Because we have technology and smartphones. You can make money from home, using the internet.
Plus one of the best things about making money online is that it requires zero to little overhead.
This is because, unlike a regular store, you don’t need an office nor do you don’t need a warehouse full of products. And with an online business, you can do it from the comfort of your own how. With pajamas and furry socks and slippers if you wanted.
But like I said earlier it can be hard to get things up and running. But once you do you’ll have an unlimited amount of flexibility.
And when you’re ready, here are 35 things you need to know to make money online. By the way, these are listed in no particular order.
Money Making Tactics
1) Before you get out of bed each morning, create a vision. Imagine yourself accomplishing whatever it is you have on your planner for the day. And visualize exactly how you see the day going.
2) Start your day early. Instead of sleeping in you can accomplish so much if you wake up 2 or 3 hours earlier than normal.
3) Take some time to reflect on the day each evening or sometime before bed. Even if it’s only 5 minutes, figure out what you need to get done the next day. And ask yourself “did I win the day?” Did you accomplish everything (or the most important task) on your list today?
4) Start journaling. Use a journal or your note-taking method to take notes. As you go through the day – record your ideas, thoughts, suggestions, and things you have read or learned.
5) Dress in a way that makes you feel good. Because when you look good, you feel good.
6) Schedule your time if you want to make money online. And then fill that schedule with actionable, results-based activities. Not busy work. Example – Finish my business plan instead of working on the business. Or make 120 calls instead of making phone calls.
7) Create SMART goals. A SMART goal is a short statement that a person makes to lead them in the direction of what they want to accomplish. SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound. So you should write down your goals in a SMART format. This ensures you are clear on what you’re trying to accomplish, when, and how.
8) Separate the time you spend learning from the time you think you are marketing.
9) You’ll eventually need to make money. That’s why you started this online business adventure. So have a plan and start asking yourself how.
10) Have a support system. Although you can go it alone, the journey’s more fun with others.
11) Figure out how you’re going to get attention. You need a way for people to find you online.
12) Become tech-savvy at whatever tools and software you use. No, you don’t need to become an expert, but you do need to learn how stuff works.
13) Create an action list. Write down 3-5 things you need to get done that day and challenge yourself to get it done as soon as possible.
14) Keep track of your time. While technology is a blessing, it’s so easy to get distracted. Track how you are spending your time daily.
15) Have a backup plan. Things aren’t going to always work out the way you think they are. Be ready with an alternative solution!
16) Learn to say no. Saying no is not mean. You’re just making yourself and what’s best for you a priority. And saying yes all the time can cause you to lose focus and time.
17) Plan for down days. You don’t want to work so hard that you end up burning yourself out. Go for a walk, see a movie, get a workout in, and when ready get back to it.
18) Outsource anything that can be completed by others. Work on things only you can do.
19) Use everything available to you when trying to make money online. Start by leveraging as much of your resources as much as possible.
20) Don’t be afraid to switch it up. If something isn’t working or serving you then you need to do something new and different.
21) Reduce and eliminate distractions. Your time is too valuable to waste it being distracted. You’ve got better things you could be doing on your to-do list.
22) Execution always win. Don’t spend your time talking about XYZ when you can be taking action on getting it done.
23) Write your goal dollar amount on the biggest piece of paper you can find and tape it to the wall in front of you. Then ask this question to every item on your to-do list, How will this make me that money? Is it a short, mid, or long-term money-making project?
24) Perfection doesn’t exist. Good and done is better than perfect and never done.
25) Think BIG! Don’t limit yourself by thinking you’re not good enough or that there isn’t enough. Because whatever you ask for and believe you can achieve is what you’ll end up with.
26) Only read and learn what you need now. Everything else is a waste of time if that information will not be acted upon soon.
27) Model after someone else who already has years of experience doing what you want to do.
28) Become proficient at creating revenue-generating products to make money online.
29) Create a system or process for everything. Having goals is cool. But you’ll get a lot further with systems.
30) Get help. Hire a virtual assistant when possible, even when there’s not enough money you should find a way.
31) Make friends. Find people that are good at what they do. This way you can send them referrals, and they can send you some as well.
32) Set mental boundaries. When you’re working, your focus should be 100% there. When you’re at home and with family, your focus should be 100% on them. You’ll be more productive when you stop trying to multitask.
33) Finish whatever you start. When you run into an obstacle, you’re going to want to stop or start something new. Don’t! Make a commitment to yourself and finish.
34) Save your money. Don’t buy anything until after you’ve made your first few sales. Unless you have a use for it right now.
35) Don’t suffer from analysis paralysis. Make a decision on what you are going to do and get to it. Information is good. But too much information without action is not good. Restrict yourself by learning and doing one thing at a time.
One Final Note on How to Make Money Online
Whether you’re a blogger, service provider, consultant, or marketer this list can help you earn more money online.
This list gave me clarity and kept me focused. Because there’s so much information available online nowadays. If you’re not careful you can get lost.
And unfortunately, more learning won’t get your work done.
“Knowledge is not power. It’s potential power. Knowledge is not mastery. Execution is mastery.
Execution will trump knowledge every day of the week.” – Tony Robbins
So get to it, and start figuring out how you can make money online.